*Updated to April 8, 2017
LEGO® Club Meeting
Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 12 noon
- April 22, 2017
Different themes will be selected for each meeting and the creations will be on display for everyone to enjoy. For more information, please contact us at 819 827-4019 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Young Volunteers (12 to 17 years)
Young volunteers meet Saturdays 10 am to 12 noon. The program runs from January 20 to May 13, 2017
Contact us at 819 827-4019 or by email at: email@example.com
Story time (2 to 4 years)
January 20 to May 12, 2017 (except March 31 and April 14, 2017)
Every second Friday │ 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- April 28
- May 12
Story Time is a free library program for children 2 to 4 years old accompanied by a parent or caregiver. The format is bilingual and operates on a drop-in basis. Stories are followed by songs and a craft activity. Juice and cookies are served at the end of the session.
R.E.A.D.® To a Special Therapy Dog in the Chelsea Library
Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- April 29, 2017
Parents must register their child at least one week in advance by calling the library. Space is very limited, so register early!
A unique literacy initiative, the Reading Education Assistance Dogs® program is designed to get kids excited about reading. Each child will have the opportunity to curl up with a book and read one-on-one with a special therapy dog. This literacy support program, available through Ottawa Therapy Dogs, is especially effective for reluctant readers as they discover how dogs are wonderfully nonjudgmental reading companions who make reading relaxing and fun! Children can bring their own book or come early to choose one from the library. Reading sessions are 10 to 15 minutes long and available in English or French.
English Book Club 2016-2017
Tuesdays from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- September 6 : All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- October 4 : Us Conductors by Sean Michaels
- November 1: Hard Choices by Hillary Rodham Clinton
- December 6 : Finding Home by Catherine Joyce
- January 10 : The Prison Book Club by Ann Walmsley
- February 7 : Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- March 7 : Do Not Say We Have Nothing by Madeleine Thien
- April 4 : Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O'Neill
- May 2 : Angel Catbird by Margaret Atwood
- June 6: Summer reads recommended by each of us
For information, call Samuel Lamber at 819-827-4019.
The French Book Club 2016-2017
Wednesdays from 19:00 p.m. to 20:00 p.m.
- September 21: La femme qui fuit by Anaïs Barbeau-Lavalette
- October 19 : Le facteur émotif by Denis Thériault and Claude Gueux by Victor Hugo
- November 16: Mots et marées, tome 2 : les maux de Marie-Josèphe Angélique by Carlos Taveira
- January 18: Au cœur de mes valeurs by Danièle Henkel
- February 15: Mon âge est à inventer de Geneviève St-Germain :
- March 15 : Kuessipan de Naomi Fontaine
- April 19 : L’amant du lac de Virginia Pésémapéo-Bordeleau
- May 17 : Vi de Kym Thuy
For information, contact Chantal Bourbonnais at 819-827-1268.
February 6, 2017 to April 29, 2017
Artist Janice Collette exhibits 8 mixed media paintings here in our library.
This series entitled ‘Time’, consists of artworks inspired by the passage of time through the exploration of textures, colour and old objects.
For more information on the artist, visit her web site at janicecollette.ca.
The library offers exhibition spaces available for artists wishing to exhibit their work.
For more information, please contact the library technician,
Samuel C. Lambert at: 819-827-4019 │firstname.lastname@example.org