On March 8, 9 and 11, a person with COVID-19 attended the arena of the Meredith Centre in Chelsea. We would like to inform you that all the people in his entourage have been advised of the situation.
The Public Health Department and the CISSS confirm that all those who attended the Meredith Centre at the dates indicated are at low risk of having contracted the virus, because precautions were taken readily and the people involved are in isolation and in good health.
Nevertheless, as a precautionary principle, we recommend that these people monitor their health status.
- Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, and sometimes breathing difficulties, which may continue until March 26, 2020.
- Take your temperature at least once a day at the same time of day and record it. If you have a fever or cough or difficulty breathing, call the 1-877-644-4545. Do not come into physical contact with vulnerable people such as people with chronic diseases or people over the age of 75.
- If you have more serious symptoms such as difficulty breathing while at rest or while lying down, call 911.
- Practice good hygiene: wash your hands often with warm running water and soap for at least 20 seconds; use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Practice good hygiene when coughing or sneezing: cover your mouth and nose with your arm to reduce the spread of germs. If you use a tissue, dispose of it as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards.
Finally, we remind you that even if you are at low risk in this particular context, you must respect all the recommendations issued by the Quebec government in this health emergency.
You can obtain more information on COVID-19 by visiting the following site.