Services to the residents

Requêtes de travaux publics

For any request concerning municipal construction works, potholes, installation/modification of signs, snow removal, trimming, hazardous trees, dog license, dead animals on the road, Recycling bins request, defective road lighting, or any other request concerning public works, please communicate with the public works line at (819) 827-1160 or communicate with Manon Marenger, programmes and requests agent, at


For any request for municipal intervention (location of municiapl infrastructures), please communicate with Frederic Rioux, public works manager, at

Fill material from excavation

The Public Works Department is pleased to offer residents of Chelsea fill at no cost. Here is the procedure for applying:

Fill the form attached

Submit the completed form to

Analysis of your application by the Planning Department to proceed to a verification of the property (eg land slide zone, near a watercourse, etc.).

If everything is correct, the request is sent to Public Works. Please take note that we bring fill to the properties that are closer to the work done by the Municipality in order to avoid transportation cost.

Grading of private roads

Since the entry into force of section 70 of the Municipal Powers Act, a local municipality may maintain a private road open to the public by permission of the owner or occupant, on a request by a majority of owners or occupants of the abutting property.

Policy for the maintenance of a private road and form(French only)